The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking Software Developer with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
In this hands on position, you will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will participate in and/or direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
- Public Cloud Service Provider (AWS GovCloud/Public Cloud) Infrastructure Support
- Proxy Auditing and Inspection of Public Cloud Service and External Hosting providers
- Private Cloud (On-Premise) Infrastructure Support
- Leading legacy application cloud readiness assessments
- Evaluate the costs and identify efficiencies of delivering service to the customer.
- Negotiate with stakeholders (Vendors, Customer, etc.) to generate ideas and clarify specifications.
- Delegate tasks as necessary to the team and maintains accountability for results.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyzes
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- BA/BS and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience
- Should be proficient in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
- Should have progressing skills on Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
- Strong Salesforce skills in the areas of configuration and building custom Salesforce applications using APEX code, Lightining, Communities etc.
- Applicable Salesforce certifications (Admin, App Builder, Developer, Service Cloud)- Prototyping of wire frames using CSS, HMTL, Bootstrap and Visualforce
- Experience in building custom user interfaces that required CSS, HMTL, Bootstrap and Visualforce page development
- Knowledge of/experience with formal delivery methodologies
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic, contribute to manual, user guides,unit testing, code coverage, demonstration, UAT,deployment and post production support.
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Active CBP BI
- Experience with CBP
- Experience on AWS, CI/CD, SecDevOps is a plus
- Mulesoft Anypoint is a plus.
- Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
- Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.