The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Program Manager (PM) to work in Ashburn, Virginia. This is an exciting opportunity, as it will support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Integrated Traveler Initiatives 2 (ITI2) Program.
ITI2 will support CBP’s ongoing need to explore and implement new ways to maintain, enhance, and refresh existing systems, as well as to maintain, develop and deploy new technical solutions that satisfy ongoing requirements for land, sea, and air ports of entry and inspection checkpoints. We are looking for a team-
oriented leader focused on delivering and supporting the strategic goals of CBP. The PM must provide the leadership and have the interpersonal communication skills necessary to inspire, lead, direct and manage a large IT/Hardware program. The PM will interface with senior CBP leaders and directors to help maintain and sustain critical infrastructure.
Leidos is looking for a PM that will plan, coordinate, and manage the actions taken by the organization to initiate and execute a Government contract valued in excess of $500M. The PM will serve as the Leidos single point-of-contact with the program office for management and technical matters and contract-level issues. The PM must effectively negotiate differences that may exist between Leidos, our partners, and the customer in order to bring together a cohesive/efficiently running IT/Hardware organization. The position will be responsible for managing cost, schedule, quality and risk to ensure contract requirements are met; provide financial reports, collect and analyze project metrics; prepare and participate in informal and formal reviews. More importantly support the critical mission of officers on the ground who protect our US border.
A background investigation (BI) is required for performance under this effort. An existing Public Trust or other agency clearance (e.g. DoD) is desirable and helpful for rapid clearance by CBP.
- Oversee the Leidos program team in successfully executing the contract
- Direct project planning, systems engineering development and implementation according to cost, schedule, and scope requirements.
- Participate in project initiation activities, including plan and budget preparation.
- Expertly manage cross-functional teams responsible for delivering high-quality program capabilities on time and within budget, including Subcontractors
- Integrate the Contractor’s management and technical activities across the entire contractor staff to ensure they are consistent
- Ensure that all work on this contract complies with the contract terms and conditions and is approved/coordinated with senior corporate managers
- Act as the primary interface with the COR · Oversee performance to specified contract SLAs and direct changes to meet the SLAs as needed
- Direct new installations of existing designs (primary, secondary, entry, exit) at CBP ports of entry for pedestrian, vehicle, maritime, and air travelers, both inbound and outbound.
- Develop and test innovations in sensors and software for enhanced port operations · Develop innovations to enhance officer and traveler safety and health while facilitating trade and travel flow
- Oversee and direct lab operations to foster improvements and innovations in both indoor operations and outdoor operations at ports of entry
- As necessary, direct and oversee hardware analysis and selection, software specification and development, system integration of the above, and performance modeling of proposed changes prior to deployment
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- 12 years Project Management experience on large scare operations and maintenance contracts
- Demonstrate integrity, respect, and a commitment to excellence, collaboration, agility, and diversity
- Experience organizing, directing, and managing contract operation support functions involving multiple, complex, and interrelated project tasks
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization
- Experience meeting with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items, and effectively execute in accordance with approved plans
- Ability to collaborate with technical staff and customers in forming strategies to improve performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
- Experience mentoring staff in order to maintain high levels of performance and positive morale
- Experience managing tools, purchases, and a demonstrated understanding of purchasing systems
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Knowledge of industry/government best practices
- U.S. Citizenship required and ability to pass a CBP Full Background Investigation
• Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
• Experience developing a strategic vision for a complex organization, balancing modernization needs with critical daily operations and maintenance requirements.
• Experience managing programs or projects in a CBP environment.
• Active CBP Full Background Investigation
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.