The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking, a Modeling & Simulation (M&S) Engineer to join our growing, high-performance team executing applied research and development in electro-optical (EO) technology. You will primarily work on-site at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH where you will develop, advance, and refine EO M&S capabilities and use them to support program objectives of critical importance to the US Air Force.
• Develop and maintain physics-based digital models of sensor systems (MATLAB/SIMULINK).
• Learn and understand the underlying physics of various sensor types.
• Improve existing analysis simulation tool(s) and models and develop new capability (MATLAB/SIMULINK).
• Perform simulations, studies, and sensor phenomenology tests.
• Integrate software models with hardware devices for hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) simulations.
• Analyze data from field and flight tests to validate models and simulations.
• Collaborate with members of a high performance technical team and customer stakeholders to determine study requirements and relevant technical approaches.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts, to identify requirements for system implementation in models and simulations.
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electro-Optics, Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Science, or similar field, and 7-12 years of relevant experience.
• U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Active DoD Secret or higher clearance.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS Clearance.
• Strong understanding of MATLAB and SIMULINK
• Strong understanding of EO systems and physics-based EO system modeling
• Application of the scientific method to complex systems and simulations, including the ability to define and execute tests/simulations, reduce data, and perform statistical analysis and hypothesis testing.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Leadership, presentation, and collaboration skills.
• Experience with or exposure to SPIRITS, CHAMP, MODTRAN, TMAP and/or other military model, simulation, support tools.
• Experience with or exposure to laboratory testing or hardware development.
• Experience with Model-Based Design.
• Experience with other programming languages such as Python, C++, and/or Java.
• Master’s Degree in Electro-Optics, Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Science, or similar field, and 5-10 years of relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Simulation Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.