Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
As a cornerstone to Leidos' growing profile in the energy sector, the Commercial Energy Solutions Operation serves utilities, independent power producers, investment and lending communities, regulators, state agencies, and the U.S. Department of Energy in:
- Power grid engineering and design
- Utility planning and consulting ü Energy management and efficiency
- Grid modernization
- Advanced communications
Leidos is looking for high performing candidates to fill positions supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs to provide expertise in strategic materials life cycle processes including commercial nuclear fuel processes and fuel enrichment. This position requires an experienced person with materials lifecycle expertise developed during engagement on large projects with commercial, Federal, and/or defense agencies.
The Strategic Materials Program Analyst is responsible for maintaining current awareness of issues, risks, and progress relating to program acquisition, use, and disposition of strategic materials. This person will be expected to provide situational analysis and advise the Federal program manager on matters pertaining to planning, integrating, and meeting policies, programs, and procedures.
Specific duties include:
- Advising the federal managers on strategic materials processing technical aspects.
- Assisting in evaluation of alternatives.
- Communicating complex concepts to the Federal program manager, senior leadership, external stakeholders and others with diverse technical understanding.
- Evaluating program variables and providing assessments to the Federal program manager regarding how well technical plans and solutions are proceeding on schedule and whether deliverables conform to customer requirements, quality control standards, and negotiated metrics.
- Traveling frequently to various locations across the country for meetings.
Required Clearance: Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or other technical field.
- 12 or more years of related program technical experience for military, government, or corporate construction, manufacturing, or production floor environments.
- Experience with cost estimating, cost/benefit analysis, and budget processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing briefings for senior and executive managers.
- Demonstrated successful experience with briefing and interacting with executive management, senior leadership, and members of Congress and their staff.
Desired Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Master’s degree in science or engineering or related field.
- Staff experience in military, government or corporate enterprise and/or interagency experience.
- Experience with interdisciplinary technical teams.
- Nuclear power production or nuclear weapon experience.
- Program Management Institute certification as a program management professional (PMP)
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Consult Emp
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.