Leidos is seeking a proven Solution Architect/DevOps Architect with strong systems, software, and Agile DevOps experience to lead a complex program to provide data analytics and DevOps services for a critical customer.
The successful Solution Architect/DevOps Architect shall:
- Have prior hands on coding experience.
- Organize and oversee all technical activities necessary to perform the program to meet customer requirements.
- Assesses business objectives, conducts gap analysis of existing versus needed capability, and identifies business requirements.
- Plan and implement actions by the Agile teams to meet quality requirements for program deliverables.
- Demonstrated hands on experience with the following development and testing tools:
Amazon Web Services, Angular JS, Confluence, Cucumber, GitHub Enterprise, Hibernate, Jasmine, Java, Jenkins, Jira, Junit, Karma, MongoDB, New Relic, OpenShift Enterprise, Oracle Database, OWASP, Fortify, Selenium, Serenity, Slack and Spring Framework.
- Hands on experience decomposing monolithic to microservices.
- Direct Agile team personnel and serve as a customer technical interface.
- Evaluates business requirements to identify potential software, hardware, and system architectures can be employed to meet business objectives.
- Adjust resource estimation, tracking progress and planning/re-planning based on realities of the team velocity and potential changes in product owner priorities.
- Use resource estimates based on point-based systems and track progress via Agile metrics.
- Develops potential technical solutions to meet business needs and supports analysis of alternatives for best fit.
- Evaluates technical trends and provides recommendations for technology and architecture to meet business objectives.
- Performs research on emerging technologies to support proof-of-concept (POC) capabilities and identify future solutions for the organization.
- Established leadership, management and interpersonal communication skills necessary to inspire, lead, direct and manage Agile teams in support of a diverse set of government customers.
- Shall have a minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in the IT field focusing on development projects, DevOps and technical architecture specifically.
- Requires Masters with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience.
- Shall possess strong architecture & design experience (at least 3 of the 10 years) of experience deploying enterprise applications on AWS.
- Shall possess at least 3 to 5 years of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) experience and or monolithic to microservices code transformation
- Shall possess expertise in large scale, high performance enterprise big data application deployment and solution architecture on complex heterogeneous environments in AWS.
- Extensive expertise in Agile and DevOps approaches, and experience using many of the tools common to a Development/Test Tool Suite.
- Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. • Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Has domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management.
- Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- May supervise others.
- Experience managing Agile teams within the Department of Homeland Security
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.