Leidos is seeking a Lead Software Development Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration Enterprise-Information Display System (E-IDS), which provides access to supplemental information from numerous sources to augment the information available on the Air Traffic Management (ATM) service provider’s primary display.
Lead Software Development Engineer responsibilities:
• Analyze user’s change requests or enhancement requests, concept of operations documents, and use cases to develop and mature user interface concepts.
• Transform customer inputs and feedback into concept visualizations through Corel Draw, and Linux-based wire framing and rapid prototyping tools.
• Support the software development of prototypes to facilitate interactive demonstrations of the concepts for the User.
• Guide systems engineers in formulating requirements, advise on alternative approaches, and conduct feasibility studies.
• Develop user interface diagrams to illustrate and document the concepts and their changes.
• Incorporate new plans, designs, and systems, into ongoing operations.
• Act as a liaison between the User and the Systems Engineering team, providing support to make decisions on technical considerations and associated problems, issues or conflicts.
• Assume responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Human Factors area of responsibility
• Interface with the FAA customer to address/answer questions relating to product area(s) as needed.
• Cost, schedule, and resource management, as well as oversight for technical aspects of the SW product team(s).
• Plan engineering tasks, deadlines, milestones, and task sequencing and apply tracking metrics. Implement Earned Value methodology (EVM).
• Ensure delivery of quality work products, including specifications, code, plans and procedures, in accordance with program requirements.
• Identify requirements and program needs for subcontractor support.
• Develop and conduct interim and yearly performance reviews for the department personnel; award programs and other employee personnel activities.
• Requires Bachelors of Science degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent
• Must be familiar with Leidos E-IDS prototype source code
• Experience with the FAA’s Enterprise Information Display System (EIDS)
• Experience as a fullstack web developer.
- Back end:
- Storage: MongoDB and ElasticSearch
- Monitoring: Nagios
- Virtualization: Amazon Web Services (SDK) and VMware
- Orchestration: Docker Containers, Docker SWARM and Portainer
- Development: Spring Framework, Java, Eclipse, OpenLDAP, Nexus, and GIT
- Web technologies: Ngnix and Tomcat
- Web development: GridStackJS, OpenLayers, and AngularJS
- Following a documented Software Development Process
- UNIX and/or Linux operating systems.
- Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers.
- Willing to learn new languages
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.