Leidos has a career opening for a Proposal/Bid Director for our Security Automation and Detection Business Development Organization.
The Proposal Director (PD) is responsible for the complete process from pre-to post-RFP phases of all proposals.
- Duties may include a knowledge of corporate data resources and the ability to collect, analyze, and synthesize that data to meet the proposal requirements.
- This individual may also be responsible for coordinating across multiple departments to support proposal efforts.
- The PD manages activities that have significant impact on the achievement of results for the project/function.
- Work requires a high degree of responsibility for resources, and frequently influences organizational or operational decisions made by leadership.
- Problems and issues faced by the Proposal Director are complex and involve limited information.
- The PD conducts extensive investigation to understand the root cause of problems.
- Problems are highly complex and typically involve multiple families, projects, or customers.
- The PD communicates with parties within and outside of own project/family, and has responsibility for communicating with diverse parties external to the organization.
- Negotiates and influences others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- The PD manages a project or family which includes multiple teams led by managers and/or supervisors and is responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans for project/family to ensure efficient use of resources.
- The PD typically has hiring, firing, promotion and reward authority within own area, in accordance with organizational guidelines.
- The individual filling this position requires deep management and leadership knowledge to lead cross-family project or program teams or manage across multiple families and should have mastery within a specific technical discipline/area or broad expertise across multiple related disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and 15+ years of direct proposal/capture-related experience or a Masters Degree with 13+ years or prior relevant experience. Additional years’ experience may be used in lieu of a degree
- The person filling the PD role should have 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively and negotiate solutions that best support Leidos goals, mission, and values
- Ability to effectively manage operations & people in a complex, dynamic environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Direct Proposal/Capture Management experience
- Experience in Security Detection and Automation
- Knowledge of the Leidos Win Plan
- Experience with SharePoint
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.