Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of information technology services to our CMS customers and is structured around an application-centric support approach. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologists who believe in cross-training, collaboration, excellent customer service, and are willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
Our strategic goals are to eliminate downtime, reduce risk, and improve service performance. Therefore, we support a wide range of customer needs ranging from building self-service platforms to white-glove service, all of based on our customer’s established requirements. This organization is comprised of teams supporting a series of application portfolios, as well as project management, security, quality improvement, engineering, and facilities operations. Part of our common responsibility is to drive our new application-centric Integrated Service Delivery model. Your part in this mission, as Linux Administrator, requires you to coordinate closely with your team’s leadership to establish clear objectives through your teams interaction with the customer and through your own observation of what needs to take place to efficiently, securely, and effectively support the customer as they support their own customers. Sometimes, this task will not be easy. There may be long days and sleepless nights, but we will all work together to succeed in achieving the goal of providing high-quality, robust, and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current work environment is remote with a base at Leidos in Windsor Mill/Woodlawn, Maryland. The successful candidate has the ability to manage multiple tasks, including time management, to achieve the following outcomes specific to this skillset:
- Configuration and tuning of Linux operating environments
- Performance of maintenance including emergent fixes and mitigation, routine patching, support of system tests, and other scheduled operations.
- Configuration of systems to run successfully in multiple differing environments.
- Update and maintenance of monitoring, deployment, and other tools (scripts).
- The successful candidate is fluent in use of the Unix/Linux command line interface and demonstrate significant experience in systems administration via:
- Understanding of operating system concepts including file systems, processes, and permissions
- Experience with virtualization technologies including VMware.
- Fluency in shell programming/scripting skills including bash/ksh. Experience in Python or Perl is a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios and New Relic.
- Experience with optimization and reconfiguration tools, particularly MFITS.
- General understanding of networking concepts, and how to troubleshoot a network connection.
- General understanding of authentication systems and protocols including Kerberos.
- Experience managing software repositories
The candidate who is selected for the position will have the following responsibilities:
- Participate in on-call, triage, and other rotations.
- Participate in alert resolution of incident, service request, and change request tickets.
- Provide peer review on change requests.
- Monitor Unix/Linux systems for anomalies and investigate impact related patterns of usage
- Provide analysis of reporting on Unix/Linux resources in areas including security, capacity, and availability.
- Produce and maintain detailed documentation for internal processes and procedures.
BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and put feedback into good use.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.