The Civil Group of Leidos is seeking a Supervisory Team Lead (Manager) to support its Energy and Environment Division. This role will lead full life cycle (“cradle-to-grave”) subcontract management activities for various US Federal, State, and local government programs. This Supervisory Team Lead is a working manager role and will lead a team of approximately 6 subcontracts administrators and also own a portfolio of subcontract responsibilities. The selected candidate will oversee and manage overall subcontract compliance for the Energy and Environment Division in accordance with contract requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and acquisition regulations. The desired candidate for this position will be a motivated leader and self-starter who can work independently, and lead a team in a dynamic environment.
Primary Responsibilities: The Supervisory Team Lead (Manager) is responsible for managing staff, conducting performance reviews, establishing development actions, working activities that span the entire procurement cycle, including but not limited to:
- Proposal support activities to include negotiation of NDA’s and Teaming Agreements
- Preparation of solicitation packages to subcontractors in accordance with Government and Leidos policies/procedures.
- Evaluation of subcontractor proposals
- Conducts price and cost analysis.
- Negotiates pricing and terms/conditions with subcontractors.
- Subcontract award and Administration
- Primarily supports federal programs as well as some commercial and state/local government programs.
- Identifies and resolves issues and problems on assigned subcontracts and make recommendations to management.
- Performs subcontract close-out activities.
- Analyze risks and identify risk mitigations
- Acts as primary interface between subcontractors and the programs being supported for all subcontracts related issues.
- Regularly interacts with program management, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers as required.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with subcontractor management regarding subcontract issues of varying degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Works with team members to resolve issues/provide guidance on tasks described above
- Requires a BA degree in Business Administration or a related field with 5+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must be US Citizen.
- Experience managing and training a team of 5 – 7 people
- Experience in subcontracting and related functions with particular emphasis on negotiation and subcontracts administration
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions
- Successful track record of managing a variety of subcontract types, interfacing with internal customers, other functional support staff, and suppliers.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of the FAR and DFAR.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Deltek CostPoint.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills, strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships internally and externally with subcontractors to drive results.
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and/or manage change
- Demonstrated ability to build internal cross functional relationships
- Ability to develop and contribute to the execution of long-term strategies and tactical plans to achieve enterprise objectives.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.