Leidos is seeking a Aircraft Propulsion Engineer who specializes in the analysis and solution of problems related to gas turbine engine performance and installations to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Aircraft Propulsion Engineer will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a US Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew. Assignment location may be one of seven locations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia per the Performance Work Statement.
- Assists the RSAF in the analysis and solution of problems related to aircraft gas turbine engine performance and installations.
- Evaluates analytical possibilities and devises methods for solutions of gas turbine problems.
- Performs analysis of gas turbine engine installations including the engine, engine components, airframe induction and cooling systems, fuel systems and related installation equipment.
- Analyzes performance data obtained from engine test cell runs, engine manufacturer and other sources.
- Assists in the resolution of engine test cell problems. Reviews, evaluates and provides· input to contractors doing repair and overhaul of engines.
- Evaluates engineering change proposals related to engine and engine installation design.
- Reviews and evaluates TCTOs applicable to engines.
- Reviews, evaluates and confirms requirements for engine support equipment and special tools.
- Performs routine analysis necessary to assure the operational structural integrity of system modifications.
- Prepares specifications for the design and· performance of engine installation modifications.
- Reviews tests performed to verify conformance to specification requirements.
- Provides guidance and instruction to other engineers in the field of aircraft propulsion systems.
- Organizes and conducts informal OJT.
- Recommends additional training to enhance the capabilities of other engineers.
For Level I: BA/BS and four (4) years of directly related experience OR eight (8) years of directly related experience with proper certification(s).
For Level II: BA/BS and ten (10) years of directly related experience OR fifteen (15) years of directly related experience with proper certification(s).
For Level III: Advanced Degree (MA/MS) and twelve (12) years of directly related experience; OR BA/BS degree and fifteen (15) years of directly related experience; OR twenty (20) years of directly related experience with proper certification(s).
All levels must demonstrate competence in and knowledge of the following:
1. Characteristics and interaction of systems related to aircraft propulsion.
2. Engine tests, test cell operations, and test instrumentation.
3. Engine installed health-monitoring systems.
4. F-110-129 engine experience (REQUIRED). Specialist: F15 General Electric Propulsion Engineer
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.