- Develop and conduct protocol driven scientific research addressing various aspects of military medicine, including, but not limited to improving the diagnoses, treatment, and prevention of combat casualties and oral/dental/craniofacial diseases.
- Prepare experimental equipment and software, aid in development of experimental proposals, protocols and procedures using knowledge and experience in: machine learning, artificial intelligence, neural networks, mechanical engineering, fluid mechanics, numerical modeling and simulation, biomaterials, diagnostic imaging, spectroscopy and rapid prototyping.
- Collect and evaluate data sets, develop presentation materials, and present findings at technical and professional meetings.
- Work is to be primarily performed on a government installation. The normal work week is Monday through Friday 0800 to 1630.
- Some offsite travel (~10%) may be required for data collection efforts, presentations, etc.
- Candidates must have completed a Masters degree from an accredited US university, or international university of equivalent standard, in Mechanical or Electrical Computer Engineering or a related field and 2-6 years of professional experience
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Due to Federal contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team
- Strong analytical skills and ability to collaborate with a team of engineers and scientists; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Doctoral Degree in Mechanical or Electrical or related field
- Experience in technical report writing
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Life Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.