The Defense Group, Airborne Solutions Operation at Leidos currently has an opening for an Aviation Quality Engineer to work in our Bridgewater, VA office within the QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division. We integrate, man, deploy, and maintain FAA certified aircraft for various CONUS and OCONUS operations in support of DOD and other agencies/partners. As the Aviation Quality Engineer, you will be expected to utilize your experience to audit, assess, document and report on subcontractor quality management system implementation, AS9100 standard practices, IS-BAO standard practices, calibration procedures, measurements, records, composite control procedures, documented records, inspection records, certification records and training records to ensure compliance and ensure a safe and efficient operating environment. Your efforts will help ensure EENG implementation of Leidos compliance of required processes through scheduled internal process audits and the consistent facilitation of structure improvement activities. Your duties will include the development of processes and procedures that align with DCMA 8210.1C, AS9100, and FAA FAR requirements as well as the execution of established program execution and mission assurance requirements. This requires a broad understanding of all aspects of aviation including maintenance and operation functions.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control functions
- Audit requirement compliance of subcontractors, quality flow down and program execution
- Ensuring that maintenance operations completed in accordance with Leidos process and FAA requirements
- Ensuring quality standards to maintain AS9100 and 9001:2015 certifications
- Ensure compliance with IS-BAO standard and assisting in acquiring IS-BAO Stage 1 certification
- Addressing Internal and External Corrective Action Requests (CAR) and provide a timely, sustained resolution through Root Cause Analysis
- Ensuring that subcontractor aircraft modifications or component changes are in compliance with approved technical data and procedures
- Coordinating and/or presenting weekly status, providing inputs to monthly reports
- Review and approval of CDRL documents prior to release to customers
- Establishment of a test strategy for any formal customer acceptance testing
- Deployment and implementation of appropriate QMS processes;
- Recommending, facilitating, tracking and reporting on continuous process improvement activities
- Implementing audit practices for internal processes and products
- Develop and Track Measurements and ensure QASP compliance
- Perform root cause analysis and document requirement escapes as necessary
- As needed, Travel to CONUS (80%) and OCONUS (20%) locations as required for program support and/or audits
- Collaborating and working closely with VBW QA Manager.
- As requested supporting the new proposals for quality inputs.
- Requires Bachelor’s and four (4) years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Direct experience working in aviation programs in support of defense contracts under DCMA and FAA requirements and maintaining and/or returning aircraft to service.
- Ability to create and maintain aviation processes/procedure, forms, and records.
- A&P Certified or Inspection Authorization (IA)
- Must have an Flight Operations knowledge
- Familiarity of Quality Management Systems (e.g. ISO, AS9100)
- Must be a US Citizen and have a valid passport
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret DoD security clearance and be able to obtain and maintain credentials to access military installations.
- Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.