**This posting is for future opportunities at Leidos, not for a current open position. As we anticipate upcoming opportunities, we invite you to submit your resume for future positions of this nature. We appreciate your time and interest!**
Leidos has an anticipated future need for an experienced .NET Backend Software Developer capable of supporting an enterprise level system for a Department of Veterans Affairs program. This position is 100% remote.
The Senior Software Developer will be capable of working with a high performing team in a DevOps environment. Candidate will be capable developing services for processing and validating X12 transactions that will be deployed in AWS. As a senior developer, the candidate should be able to perform development tasks and troubleshoot issues with minimal oversight. The candidate will support analysis, design, development, testing, debugging, deployment and documentation for new product features. The candidate may participate in stakeholder and product owner meetings to define software requirements. This position requires the candidate to be able to immediately integrate with the team and start work with minimal oversight.
- Create logical and functional software code in a variety of languages. Must have experience in understanding and articulating the benefits and risks associated with different coding languages in different functional environments. Must have experience reacting to problems and correcting the program as necessary.
- Write and maintain source code in support of maintenance, enhancements and modernization of software that is responsible for enabling processing of healthcare claims
- Write technical specifications and system design documentation
- Program using industry standard methods
- Communicate with key stakeholders
- Work in an Agile team environment with analysts, developers, testers, and production support staff
- Bachelor's Degree Computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required. 8 years’ experience. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience developing .NET for large, enterprise level systems.
- Must have software development experience creating and deploying .NET services in an AWS and/or Docker environment.
- Experience with AWS services such as S3, SQS, RDS, etc.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment using automated builds, testing and deployment
- Experience working with large teams using Agile / SAFe methodologies
- Experience working with Agile project systems such as Jira, Rally, or Rational
- Experience with revision control systems such as Git
- A self-starter and be able to work on multiple complex projects
- Excellent technical problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong skills in organizing, planning, and prioritizing work
- Strong attention to detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Strong time management and coordination skills, and ability to adjust in fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to pass a Department of Veterans Affairs background check.
- Experience developing with EDIFabric .NET libraries
- Experience developing services for processing and validating X12 transactions
- Setting up and configuring AWS components such as SQS, AWS Batch using CloudFormation
- Experience working with Oracle and MS SQL Server databases
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.