Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has an opening for an Technical Writer Editor Senior role located in Austin, TX. Onsite- No remote work
Location is the AITC building south Austin.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
The Technical Writer candidate must have demonstrated knowledge and experience with b but not limited to; Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, Microsoft SharePoint, and ITOPS IO templates to support project documentations. In support of this effort, will be required to update or create project documents including project installation, modification, administration support guide, version description, interface requirements/guide, administrative support guide, troubleshooting guide, user/analyst guide, physical and logical layer diagrams, and other necessary project documentation.
- Editing narrative and graphic products to identify and correct grammatical formatting and logic errors and to identify logical inconsistencies that will require author attention.
- Meeting with analysts and other team representatives to review documents, compile inputs/corrections, resolve incompatible comments, and provide final publishable documentation.
- Participating in project planning activities, scrum, stand-up meetings, and routine briefings.
- Recording meeting minutes and translates them into after-action reporting.
- Develop products tailored to senior technical and non-technical audiences to include business partners.
- Explaining in simple language scientific and technical ideas that are difficult for the average reader to understand.
- Developing end-user technical procedure documents, standard operating procedures (SOP), concept of operations (CONOPS), strategic planning presentations, training materials, and reports of both a routine and time-critical nature.
- Conducting detailed technical research and seamlessly integrate it in support of product development.
- Well versed Microsoft Power Point, Word, excel, and Visio products.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific /technical discipline, plus 10 years of experience. 18 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance. Federal contract requirement.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.