The Health Group of Leidos is seeking a Senior Contracts Administrator.
The Senior Contracts Administrator will be responsible for supporting all contract activities in support of the Military and Family Life Counseling (MFLC) Program within the Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operation. Our candidate will have progressive experience providing cradle-to-grave contract administration support for complex FFP, CPFF, CPIF, CPAF, and T&M government contracts including RFP analysis, hands-on proposal development including the development of terms and conditions, coordination of appropriate internal reviews, contract negotiation, and contract/task order administration and execution.
Please note: Work location for this position will be Falls Church, VA.
· Responsible for the overall contract compliance of assigned tasks in accordance with contract requirements, company policy and procedures, and applicable laws for both CONUS and OCONUS performance locations.
· Work closely with the functional Team with the objective of becoming a trusted adviser by achieving day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
· Proactively engage with customer (Government) contracting counterparts to build enduring relationships.
· Work to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
· Multi-task and prioritize work activities in a fast paced environment and effectively communicate at all levels within the organization.
· Frequently interact both orally and face to face with other contracts and procurement staff, functional peers, management and external and internal customers (including company executives).
· Lead the review and analysis of RFPs, prepare compliant and complete cost/price proposals, and represent Leidos’ interests during negotiations and contract administration.
· Identify and mitigate contract risks as well as coordinate appropriate reviews in accordance with Leidos policy and procedures.
· Engage with capture and proposal team as an integrated team member supporting proposal development. Ensure proposal submission is timely and compliant.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with minimum 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration OR a related field.
- Expert knowledge with government contracts and subcontracts arenas.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Has the ability to support a high volume of relatively complex work independently.
- Exhibits a relative level of business acumen, and has a general understanding of the impacts of contract and proposal activities on other functions within the organization.
- Establishes strong positive relationships with customers/suppliers leadership that can be leveraged to assist in problem resolution.
- Has the ability to: identify relatively complex problems and risks related to terms and conditions and how they map to requirements; make recommendations for appropriate mitigation steps; and work with management to execute steps.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills and uses them to maximize Leidos’ return and minimize our risk.
- Operates with an operation and customer-oriented perspective and continually seeks to improve business results consistent with organizational core values.
- Demonstrates the value of the function with interactions with internal and external customers/suppliers.
- Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of FAR/DFARS.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to establish relationships internally and within the Leidos community.
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
- Experience with military health programs is a plus.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.