Leidos is a premier national engineering-based management consulting firm. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our team in Peoria, Illinois or St Louis, Missouri as an Energy Efficiency Engineer. The position is ideal for a person with excellent technical skills and energy engineering experience.
This position offers the flexibility to work from home, however candidates must live in the Peoria, IL or St. Louis, MO area.
The position will be responsible for:
- Reviewing technical energy efficiency (demand-side management) incentive applications for Ameren Illinois electric and natural gas business customers
- Calculating energy savings estimates and validating energy models
- Communicating technical issues within the project team while working closely with contractors, suppliers, architects, and project engineers.
- Maintaining proficiency in assigned areas of expertise and providing technical assistance and leadership to the program in those areas.
- Researching technology changes to support improvements to the program.
- Completing special assignments relating to technical and financial regulatory compliance, data collection and presentation, application design, or other tasks.
Required Education & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or related) with 1+ years’ experience in energy efficiency or similar technologies. High school diploma with an additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Basic knowledge of the operation of energy consuming systems within the commercial and/or industrial markets (HVAC, lighting, energy management systems, process steam, etc.).
- Must be able to work cooperatively and conscientiously on a team with both technical and non-technical members.
- Must have well developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format.
- Must be well organized, able to conduct project tracking and capable of multitasking several complex and diverse responsibilities.
- Must have strong planning and time management skills, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and make unanticipated changes to production deliverables.
- CEM or LEED certification is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with COMcheck, eQuest, Trane TRACE™, or Carrier HAP
- Familiarity with the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) and ASHRAE Efficiency Standards
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, especially Excel
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines for a process-oriented position.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.