The Defense Health Operation of Leidos is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to support biomedical research at the Naval Medical Research Unit, San Antonio (NAMRU-SA) in San Antonio, TX. NAMRU-SA conducts gap driven combat casualty care, craniofacial, and directed energy research to improve survival, operational readiness, and safety of Department of Defense personnel engaged in routine and expeditionary operations.
The ideal candidate shall:
- Provide administrative support including calendar maintenance, internal and external meeting arrangements, all aspects of domestic travel arranging and coordination of international travel, faculty and staff reimbursements, ordering and receiving supplies, electronic and paper file maintenance; assists with bringing on employees and timekeeping for research staff.
- Provide general computer, fax, printer, scanning, copier and software support to faculty and their staff.
- Displays discretion, good judgment, organizational or management ability, initiative, and the ability to work independently.
- Through various web applications, investigate research related data.
- Provide dedicated support to assigned managers.
- Produce agendas and presentation materials for meetings; prepares facilities and greets meeting attendees.
- Provide research and general administrative support to prepare, edit, and process routine correspondence and perform routine and specialized administrative duties.
- High School diploma.
- At least two (2) years of administrative experience
- Knowledge of the application of web browsers in order to conduct research on the internet
- Must have excellent interpersonal, oral communication and written skills.
- Experience with computer software, including the Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain Secret clearance
- Experience in support of Executive staff at a major corporation or military command.
- General knowledge of medical and research terminology.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.