Leidos is looking for an experienced Systems Administrator with strengths in Storage Area Networks and Virtualization to support our Department of Energy customer in Morgantown, WV.
A storage area network (SAN) systems administrator is responsible for maintaining an effective, efficient authentication and data storage system. A core responsibility of the systems administrator is to act as a high-level expert who can deal with systems issues escalated from junior team members. The SAN systems administrator works to ensure that the storage area network provides several expected benefits: Storage and restore operations must appropriately store information for later retrieval and keep such information appropriately secured. Additionally, system authentication protocols must be established, updated, and analyzed; the systems also must be optimized and waste minimal resources.
Aside from overseeing junior staff performing routine operations, the storage area network systems administrator will act as a project manager to update or enhance one of the systems. The systems administrator is responsible for setting project goals, procuring resources, and designing the final product. They are charged with breaking the project up into smaller pieces, delegating tasks to build pieces of the project, overseeing the work of junior members in creating the individual pieces, integrating the project segments, implementing the system, and performing necessary testing and checks.
Storage Area Network (SAN) Systems Administrator Tasks:
- Develop and maintain an enterprise class physical and virtual server, and storage infrastructure.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure proper systems setup and configuration.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of physical and virtual servers.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of storage services.
- Provide primary support/escalation point for critical outages and issues in relation to data storage for our primary data centers.
- Implement complex projects and time-sensitive tasks under minimal supervision.
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies, systems engineering and architecture standards and strategies to increase reliability and manageability.
- Install, configure, support and maintain storage area networks and associated technology.
- Carry out system administration tasks such as software installation/updates, security patches, and firmware and hardware maintenance for networks, servers and associated schedules.
- Manage, transform and provide user access to large datasets.
- Document processes, procedures, upgrades and problems.
- High school diploma and a minimum of 4 years’ experience with Windows server, and/or Common Linux systems
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with virtual environment such as VMware Vcenter
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience with NAS / SAN solutions such as Pure, NetApp FAS, EMC VNX, EMC Isilon, HP 3PAR
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with backup solutions such as NetBackup, Backup Exec, Commvault, Veam
- Well versed in Windows environments and also in Linux environments. T
- Strong communicator and leaders who pay close attention to detail.
- Experience with data management protocol: DFS, CIFS, NFS, and NDMP
- Experience with storage networking such as iSCSI or Fiber Channel
- Working knowledge of data management best practices
- Strong working knowledge of hardware, OS, Network and application troubleshooting
- Strong scripting skills (PowerShell, Perl, BASH, python, etc.)
- Strong skill on infrastructure automation, like Ansible, SCCM or terraform
- Familiar with AD, LDAP, DNS and DHCP
- Knowledge of computer security systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong sense of teamwork
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with automation systems such as Puppet, Foreman, Chef, Software Defined Network Automation
- Experience with object storage hands on skills, virtual volumes, storage as a service
- Experience with monitoring systems and best practices (Foglight, Solarwinds Orion)
- Experience with ticketing system like confluence JIRA, BMC TrackIT
- Basic network knowledge such as CCNA, CompTIA Network+
- CCNAD certified
- Experience/knowledge with the following is preferable:
- VMware (vcenter, vsphere, distributed resource scheduling and high availability clustering)
- CISCO Nexus Data Center Switching and Media Director C-Series Switches
- Pure, Nexsan disk arrays
- Flash stack design
- Hyper converge virtualization and networking
- CISCO Identity Services Engine (ISE)
This position requires successful completion of a HSPD-12 government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Systems Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.