Leidos’ Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operation is currently seeking an experienced Executive Program Director in support of the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) program.
Leidos is currently searching for an experienced Executive Program Director to support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) program, a highly visible $4.3b single award IDIQ vehicle that provides support to the Defense Health Agency. The DHMSM program is the DOD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Healthcare Delivery System, called MHS Genesis, across the United States and around the globe. Leidos, with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, supports the DHMSM program executive office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global MHS Genesis deployment that delivers improved system capability to the DOD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. MHS Genesis will provide important Health IT capabilities to 9.6 million active military, their families, and their beneficiaries. The system replaces the current EHR AHLTA/CHCS, which Leidos built and currently provides sustainment services at locations around the world. The DHMSM Program Director is responsible for overall organization and management of a large worldwide team responsible for the worldwide deployment, engineering, testing, training, change management, clinical engagement, clinical adoption, program support and daily operations of the MHS Genesis system. Frequent and close coordination with Leidos senior management is critical. The Program Director serves as the government’s major point of contact and provides overall leadership and guidance for all Leidos and its partner personnel assigned to the contract. The Program Director shall have organizational authority to execute the requirements of the contract and shall oversee tasks to team personnel, provide high level supervision of ongoing deployment, clinical and technical efforts, and manage overall contract performance to ensure the optimal use of assigned resources and subcontractors. This individual shall have the authority to make decisions for the contractor’s organization in response to government issues, concerns, or problems. The Program Director shall be readily available to respond to government questions, concerns, and comments, as well as be proactive in alerting the government to potential contractual or programmatic issues. The Program Director, working closely with Senior Management and the Leidos Government Affairs team, will meet with congressional and senate members, senior staff, and appropriate committee members to keep them informed of program status and secure authorized funding. Position is located is in Vienna, VA. 25% travel may be required.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Engineering, or Information Technology with 15+ years of Program Management experience.
- 5 years of experience in being the Program Manager of large DOD programs valued greater than $100m per year.
- Is a proven leader of a large global team and have superior communication skills (both oral and written). Is able to engage with the customer to build strong, positive relationships and develop a trusting environment.
- Has demonstrated proficiency with customer interface, task execution planning, staffing, contract management, subcontract management, budgeting and cost control, earned value management, quality assurance management, and personnel management.
- Has experience in creating and presenting executive-level material to senior government officials and corporate executives.
- Has a broad knowledge of large scale program management with emphasis on cost and schedule management and multiple contract types firm fixed price (FFP), fixed price incentive (FPI), fixed price level of effort (FPLOE), time and materials (T&M), cost plus award fee (CPAF), cost plus fixed fee (CPFF).
- Has experience in running large government programs with ANSI EIA 748 earned value management requirements.
- Possess a current Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Must be a US citizen or Perm Resident - all candidates must be able to obtain and maintain at least a secret clearance
- Masters Degree is desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.