The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking a Biometrics Systems Engineer SME with strong biometrics and systems engineer experience to support a complex program. You will support the full system engineering lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows. This program will provide Agile development, operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) Interface and Support Processes division within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
- Experience with integrating commercial software tools and APIs for custom application development.
- Expertise knowledge of biometrics standards.
- Interface with project team members using Agile SCRUM and SAFe frameworks to deliver features that enhance system capabilities and facilitate CBP’s mission.
- Ability to architect new biometric solutions while leveraging leading edge technologies to be at the forefront of thought leadership in the field.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience.
- 3 or more years in the following areas:
- Experience with biometric concepts and designing algorithms.
- Developing features in computer vision, image processing, or machine learning.
- Experience with using computer vision or machine learning libraries.
- [REWORD]Experience with research, including developing, designing, and executing research plans.
- Knowledge of standard biometric algorithms for multiple modalities, with a strong focus on facial recognition.
- Experience with facial biometric toolsets.
- Ability to generate scientific data from various datasets and generate custom analysis reports.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Active CBP BI.
- Experience on AWS, CI/CD, SecDevOps is a plus.
- Experience developing algorithms for biometrics.
- Worked in Agile environment.
"External Referral Eligibile"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.