Leidos is seeking a Network Engineer who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role provides technical expertise in network engineering, administration, and operations. This role maintains enterprise network infrastructure to ensure proper configuration, availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance (including application of the latest patches and upgrades). This role monitors technology obsolescence, manages upgrades, and evaluates alternatives across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Provide technical expertise in network engineering, administration, and operations for an IC DoD customer with multiple security enclaves.
- Maintain enterprise network infrastructure to ensure proper configuration, availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance (including application of the latest patches and upgrades).
- Monitor technology obsolescence, manage upgrades, and evaluate alternatives across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical.
- Monitor operations, collect and evaluate metrics to manage network services and for inclusion into project Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Perform risk assessment and risk mitigation for networks.
- Ensure continuity of operations including disaster recovery of network operations.
- Conduct cloud virtual networking operations.
- Responsible for architecture, design, installation, configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of networks, including associated hardware and cloud resources.
- Update to new technologies, tuning performance, and prioritizing the implementation of critical system patches for on-premises infrastructure and cloud resources.
- Provide technical and management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Establish goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Interact in client negotiations and interface with senior management on all network related issues.
- May mentor and/or supervise others.
- Possess expert technical knowledge and experience in network engineering, administration, and operations including network architecture, design, installation, configuration, support, and maintenance of networks to include associated hardware and cloud resources.
- Possess experience in maintaining enterprise network infrastructure ensuring proper configuration, availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance (including application of the latest patches and upgrades).
- Possess experience in monitoring technology obsolescence, managing upgrades, and evaluating alternatives across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical.
- Possess knowledge and experience conducting cloud virtual networking operations.
- Possess ability for decision making and applying expert technical knowledge, which may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Possess experience in providing technical and management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Possess experience mentoring, supervising, and managing team members.
- The candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree with 12-15 years of experience; or Master's degree with 10-13 years of experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
US Citizenship is required.
TS/SCI with Poly required.
- Doctorate in a technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.