Leidos is seeking an Associate Buyer to support a program in the Alexandria, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to join a large established company and learn the procurement field from the ground up, while contributing substantially to meaningful programs. The successful candidate will provide procurement support and analysis for all contract procurement requirements.
The Associate Buyer is responsible for defining plans, processes, methods, and tools for ensuring supply chain management and chain of custody for the life of all Government assets. Additionally, the Procurement Buyer is responsible for activities associated with researching and recommending cost effective purchase arrangements. Support the Government’s purchase process and coordinating the delivery of purchases; and managing, tracking, and auditing hardware recapitalization, maintenance agreements, and software licensing. The individual shall ensure the review purchase requisitions for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, and obtain additional information considered necessary. Will actively manage the procurement process from order placement through receipt of products and subsequent payment of invoices. Actively manage supplier performance through consistent communication to ensure proper adherence to purchase order terms and conditions; and participate in the invoice approval process to ensure that supplier invoices are in accordance with purchase order terms and conditions, and resolve issues as necessary.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and some work experience- generally less than 2 years. A combination of education, experience, training through employment, internships, military, or certification relative to procurement may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to effectively communicate processes and procedures to customer base where appropriate
- Possess outstanding customer service skills in order to meet high demand requirements Ability to travel between local sites on occasion to coordinate activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with team members and customer
- Strong oral and written communication skills to compose and deliver responses to customers’ questions in a clear and concise manner
- Willingness to learn new skills and apply them confidently in day to day processes.
- Requires the use of problem solving techniques to address unique procurement requests that impact critical support requirements.
Clearance: All candidates for consideration, must be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI Polygraph and will require US Citizenship.
- Prior procurement experience with a government contracting firm is a plus.
- Experience in a similar role executing on time deliveries of hardware and software; interacting with key suppliers; dealing with the financial impacts of supplier decisions on programs; and managing, tracking, and auditing existing hardware and software inventories.
- Experience supporting procurement system compliance, materials management, prime contract flow downs, supplier quality, and supplier teaming to achieve successful results.
- Experience working with price analysis methodologies.
- Experience working with Commercial Supplier Agreements (CSAs) and End User License Agreements (EULAs).
Success in this role will require:
- Ability to understand technical concepts and apply that understanding to daily procurement and program support requirements.
- Self-starter that can establish priorities, resolve immediate issues, and coordinate with program manager on complex problems.
- Must be comfortable working with senior management.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.