The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking, an EOIR Test Engineer to join our growing, high-performance team executing applied research and development in electro-optical (EO) technology. You will primarily work on-site at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH where you will develop, use, and analyze data from EO systems and instrumentation to support program objectives of critical importance to the US Air Force.
• Design, procure parts for, build, align and calibrate testbeds, instrument control and data acquisition hardware.
• Modify and develop data acquisition, data reduction and analysis tools using software including LabVIEW MATLAB.
• Learn and understand the underlying physics of various sensor systems.
• Collect and analyze data from laboratory, field and flight tests.
• Interpret signals from complex systems, and identify and troubleshoot problems.
• Apply signal and image processing techniques to extract desired information.
• Collaborate with a diverse technical team and customer stakeholders to determine test requirements and assess technical approaches vs. test capability.
• Develop test plans and document results in test report.
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electro-Optics, Physics, Applied Math, Computer Science, or similar field, and more than 2+ years of relevant experience; or a master’s degree with less than 2 years of relevant experience.
• U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS Clearance.
• Experience with the following: operating electro-optical equipment such as detectors, sensors, lasers, characterization equipment; collecting, analyzing, interpreting data; writing test plans, documenting test results and generating reports; performing computer-based data acquisition and analysis.
• Use commercial equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum and logic analyzers, and arbitrary waveform generators to test sensor systems.
• Must have experience with MATLAB.
• Experience with LabVIEW.
• Application of the scientific method to complex systems, including the ability to define and execute tests, reduce data, and perform statistical analysis.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Leadership, presentation, and collaboration skills.
• Active DoD Secret or higher clearance.
• Experience with Infrared systems.
• Experience with other programming languages such as Python, C++, and/or Java.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Optical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.