The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking, an Electrical Engineer to join our growing, high-performance team executing applied research and development in electro-optical (EO) technology. You will primarily work on-site at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH where you will develop, use, and analyze data from EO systems and instrumentation to support program objectives of critical importance to the US Air Force.
• Develop and maintain electronic and electro-optic systems and test capability.
• Develop LabVIEW based software to run electronic systems including custom data acquisition systems.
• Learn and understand analog and digital signal flow and processing in various sensor systems.
• Select and use electronic equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum and logic analyzers, and arbitrary waveform generators to perform tests.
• Collect and analyze data from laboratory, field and flight tests. Primarily in MATLAB.
• Apply signal and image processing techniques to extract desired information.
• Develop models of existing electronic systems.
• Develop FPGA code to for real time signal or image processing.
• Perform basic circuitry and electronics design, build and test.
• Collaborate with members of a diverse technical team and customer stakeholders to determine requirements and relevant technical approaches.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts, to identify requirements for system implementation.
• Develop test plans and document results in test report.
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electro-Optics, or similar field, and 8-12 years of relevant experience.
• U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Active DoD Secret or higher clearance.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS Clearance.
• Strong understanding of MATLAB.
• Strong understanding of analog and digital systems, including design, development, test, and troubleshooting.
• Experience integrating signal and image processing techniques.
• Application of the scientific method to complex systems, including the ability to define and execute tests, reduce data, and perform statistical analysis.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Leadership, presentation, and collaboration skills.
• Experience with electro-optical systems.
• Experience with SIMULINK
• Experience with flight qualified hardware integration and test
• Experience with other programming languages such as Python, C++, and/or Java.
• Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electro-Optics, or similar field, and 5-10 years of relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.