The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking, an Image and Signal Processing Engineer to join our growing, high-performance team executing applied research and development in electro-optical (EO) technology. You will primarily work on-site at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH where you will develop algorithms and models for automated detection, classification, characterization and exploitation to support program objectives of critical importance to the US Air Force.
• Develop, model, and test algorithms in MATLAB.
• Develop novel and advanced algorithms, performance simulations, and analyses, using simulated and real data in both time series and spectral domains
• Participate in lab-based and field testing, analyzing performance metrics for near real time decision making.
• Analyze results from simulation or real data to identify root causes and trends.
• Apply statistical methods to ensure results are complete and accurate.
• Collaborate with members of a diverse technical team and customer stakeholders to determine requirements and relevant technical approaches.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts to identify requirements for software, firmware or hardware implementation.
• Master’s in Engineering or similar field, and 6-10 years of relevant experience.
• U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Active DoD Secret or higher clearance.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS Clearance.
• Strong understanding of MATLAB.
• Strong understanding of signal processing for analog and digital systems such as digital filtering, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra and stochastic processes.
• Strong understanding of image processing techniques.
• Application of the scientific method to complex systems, including the ability to define and execute tests, reduce data, and perform statistical analysis.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Leadership, presentation, and collaboration skills.
• Produce reports documenting methods and reasoning, choice of methods selected, and results with error analysis.
• Doctoral degree
• Experience with SIMULINK or C++
• Experience working in a Research and Development (R&D) environment
• Experience developing and integrating signal and image processing techniques.
• Experience with electro-optical systems.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Signal Processing Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.