The Defense Group of Leidos has an opportunity for a Project Manager to support the $10M Audio Visual tech refresh of the Jacob Smart Center on Joint Base Andrews. The selected candidate will manage the work of a Leidos subcontractor in supporting the government’s requirements, on time, on budget, and to the demanding quality standards for an event center of this magnitude. This project has high visibility as the Smart Center is used for conferences and events supporting Air Force and Services’ senior leaders, and it is a showpiece for the Air Force District of Washington Commander.
- Interact with multiple leaders at different levels, communicate with vendors and staff.
- Manage Project Execution.
- Coordinate initial design review and acceptance.
- Coordinate government visits to contractor site.
- Develop and maintain a Microsoft Project schedule, keeping project in scope.
- Document and manage all change requests, and manage project costs.
- Manage Communication with vendor, end customer, Government PMO, Leidos Projects Senior Manager, and Leidos AFNCR Program Manager.
- Provide coordination between vendor, Leidos, and required GFE trades (i.e Electrical, Painters etc).
- Conduct regular meetings/reviews to ascertain and share project status.
- Update project status in Remedy.
- Provide frequent status updates and briefings to senior Air Force Officers and Civilian leaders.
- BA/BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Master degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience, additional years of experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate should have at least 5 years of experience managing large projects of this scale, preferably in a DOD environment.
- Currently possess a DoD Secret clearance.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Project, and Remedy.
- Experience managing A/V-VTC projects is a plus.
- PMP is highly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected]os.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.