Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!
The Systems Administrator (Senior / IEC) maintains Windows Workstations, administers upgrades, repairs, installs, configurations, and integrates new software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and administer the physical and virtual environment for hosted Workstations a working knowledge of PDQ in preferred
- Maintain and administer the Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC), Windows including upgrading, repairing, installing, configuring and integrating new software products, maintaining security, user and group managing, creating shared directories, and setting security permissions
- Maintain and administer the Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC) Storage servers (NETAP) including upgrading, repairing, installing, configuring and integrating new software, maintaining security, user and group managing, creating shared directories, and setting security permissions
- Maintain workstations in the virtual lab, physical lab and development lab to include patching backups, engineering efforts. Generate test software and conduct unit level test cases to include providing support to test events as necessary.
- Configure and manage disk space allocation, zone administration, and logical partitioning, hardware and software configuration, and system startup/shutdown as required
- Provide Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem and documentation.
- Administer workstation configurations including configuring and managing disk space, and job scheduling as requested
- Adding/deleting/disabling users as approved and/or requested
- Perform software installations and upgrades to Windows operating systems and layered software packages and maintain them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements.
- Maintain and administer the supporting computers, and peripherals including upgrades, minor repairs, and software integration of current and prospective software packages.
- Perform weekly full system and daily incremental backups of all supporting systems IEC program requirements. Perform recovery of data as required
- Develop scripts as required in performance of administering the systems
- Install, configure, maintain, manage, and upgrade system specific software associated with the hardware and support systems as required
- Provide applicable documentation to Government personnel regarding maintenance, administration, and configuration of IEC servers and Workstations
- Maintain and monitor security activity audit logs and IAVA compliancy
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Requires Bachelors Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in lieu of degree
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.