The Intelligence Group at Leidos has an opening for a Animator Multi-Media Specialist (MMS) to support our customer in Springfield, Virginia. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in 3-D animation to support a national security customer. As a MMS-Animator you will apply proficient knowledge of Maya, 3ds Max, and other animation software to design, develop and deliver 3-D animated geospatial intelligence products. Products can range from single frame renderings to animated movies. The candidate should have some geospatial background and a strong ability to independently conduct research and initiate projects as they deem appropriate.
The candidate will work directly with customers and team members and must be able to create, edit, research, evaluate, analyze, and fuse data from multiple sources and datasets to produce current and finished geospatial intelligence animation renderings and other related products. The MMS-Animator will prepare geospatial products and present intelligence assessments to customers and advise leadership of intelligence issues and challenges as appropriate. The candidate will exercise their oral and written communication skills to collaborate and interact with analysts within the customer agency and with their customers. In this position the analyst will also assist in the development and documentation of animation procedures, and maintenance of products.
- Active TS/SCI
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to animation may count for up to four years of this experience.
- Ability to produce dynamic computer animations.
- Ability to produce scenes in all types of environments and times of day.
- Ability to incorporate multiple data sources.
- Proficiency with Maya, 3ds Max, and other animation software.
- Ability to utilize mapping software to develop cartographic products for use with animations.
- Ability to utilize advanced techniques such as water, fire, and smoke.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Strong time management skills
- Comfortable working independently
- Experience working with National Security Customers.
- Experience supporting analysis of CBRN mission areas.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Multi Media
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.