Leidos Mission Solutions Group is seeking a senior System Engineer to perform Information Technology system integration, performance analysis, requirements engineering/management, testing and evaluation, and other necessary disciplines for successful system development, design, implementation, and decommission. Provide technical leadership to a team of Senior System Engineers, in conjunction with the Lead Systems Engineer, Chief Architect and Lead Software Developer. The System Engineers perform analysis, design, deployment and lifecycle support for innovative systems and applications, and ensure all aspects of a project/system are properly evaluated and integrated with the end capability, and may serve as or support as scrum masters for individual software development sub-teams. The System Engineer is responsible for technical oversight of sub teams as assigned, and for ensuring integration across teams and with external stakeholders and customers.
The selected candidate will join the CATALYST Team and work directly with Mission personnel. Our team uses a wide variety of AWS services to deliver critical Mission functions to Production using agile development principles. Team members must be able to perform within a collaborative team environment but also work independently with minimal guidance from the Team Lead when the need arises. This position requires a person who can contribute significantly as the Systems Engineer and Scrum Master to an existing team whose primary focus involves web scraping.
BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical disciple, plus 8 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used in lieu of degree/combined with education
- Currently holds an active clearance with the US Government sponsor (TS/SCI with Poly)
- Management/engineering experience on programs using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Ability to communicate technical details to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to analyze customer or product requirements and create total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Leadership of Application Development Efforts
- Familiarity with AWS products and services
- Serverless computing similar to AWS Lambda
- Container services/products similar to Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon ECS for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS), OpenShift
- Queuing services/products similar to Kafka, SQS, Kinesis, Java Message Service (JMS)
- Subject Matter Experience
- Open Source Enterprise (OSE)
- Web scraping techniques and applications
- Robotic process automation (RPA) or bot development
- Systems accreditation and response to vulnerability findings
- Experience with system modeling, risk analysis, industry best practices, and performance measurement techniques
- AWS certification
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Computer Vision
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.