Leidos is looking to staff a system test engineer position that will be located offsite in the Orlando, FL area. This position will provide direct test support to an integration lab supporting HW/SW integration and test leading to product assessment and acceptance. Testing will encompass complex data, voice, audio, war-gaming, modelling & simulation and systems capabilities. Position will function primarily within a technical integration facility and support the merging together of inputs from multiple contracts to achieve a coherent system operational concept. This position will operate under the leadership of senior test and software engineers and other specialists, and engage with applications involving a modern gaming engine and supporting the entire breadth of the military contemporary operating environment.
- The test engineer will coordinate within a team of other staff (developers, DevSecOps engineers, I&T, Leads) to develop, write, maintain and execute test procedures and scripts to achieve the test objectives being provided by the development engineering teams.
- Integration of specific applications as prioritized and funded by the Government and prime contract management will require the test engineer to develop specific test procedures that will exceed the procedures being applied to individual applications.
- The test environment will include automated test processes that will need to be adapted and maintained, as well as the coordination with other test personnel in support of events such as User Assessments.
- Test engineers will be required to operate within an Agile development environment defined by DevSecOps solutions to sometimes complex and difficult problems bridging multiple areas of expertise.
- The test engineer is expected to be able to independently decompose processes and direction into test procedures and tasks that will directly support the agreed upon test objectives, prepare test documentation and procedures, and be able to explain and define their decisions in support of upper management goals and objectives.
- Successful candidates must possess an active DOD Secret clearance at time of start of employment.
- Candidates are required to possess a BS in computer science or related technical field.
- A successful candidate needs at least 5 years of demonstrated experience in test of complex applications and have specific examples of successful experience in a test environment.
- Experience within a simulation development environment is considered essential and candidates for this position need to have at least 2 years of experience in simulation software test.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess relevant experience in military modeling and simulation, and who have existing hands-on experience within the current military live, virtual, constructive and gaming training environment.
- Preference will also be given to engineers who can demonstrate a relevant knowledge of cybersecurity concerns or who have knowledge of SecDevOps environments for Software development.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.