Leidos is looking to staff software development positions that will be located offsite in the Orlando, FL area. These positions will provide development and design of applications to enable and support complex data, voice, audio, war-gaming, modeling & simulation and systems development capabilities. Position will function primarily within a development environment, work within a medium sized development team under the leadership of senior software engineers and other specialists, and consult on the implementation of applications with teams doing hands-on development of a modern gaming engine and supporting the entire breadth of the military contemporary operating environment.
- Software engineers will coordinate within a team of other developers providing the hands on implementation of design and architecture of specific applications as prioritized and funded by the Government and prime contract management.
- Software engineers will function under the team leadership, interacting with Scrum leads, providing hands-on design, documentation and programming of solutions to sometimes complex and difficult problems bridging multiple areas of expertise.
- Engineers are expected to be able to independently decompose design and architectural direction into tasks and capabilities that will directly support the agreed upon solution directions, prepare test documentation and procedures, and be able to explain and define their decisions in support of upper management goals and objectives.
- As needed at the detailed level, software engineers will participate and explain engineering design decisions to nontechnical leadership and be able to cooperate with senior leadership to the degree necessary to obtain buy in from all stakeholders and concurrence on the planned courses of action.
- Successful candidates must possess an active DOD Secret clearance at time of start of employment.
- Candidates are required to possess a BS in computer science or related fields.
- A successful candidate needs at least 5 years of demonstrated experience in applications development and have specific examples of successful deployment of applications in a user environment.
- Experience within a development environment is considered essential and candidates for this position need to have at least 2 years of experience in simulation software development. Additional knowledge of software test labs and software fielding experience is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess relevant experience in military modelling and simulation, and who have existing hands-on experience within the current military live, virtual, constructive and gaming training environment.
- Preference will also be given to software engineers who can demonstrate a relevant knowledge of cybersecurity concerns or who have knowledge of SecDevOps environments for Software development.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.