This position provides technical expertise to C5ISR Center Sustaining Base Network Assurance Branch (SBNAB) Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Security Operations Center (SOC) as a Senior ELK Administrator.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
- Monitor and manage system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency.
- Perform systems security administration functions, including creating user profiles and accounts. Other duties may include setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
- Interact with users and evaluates vendor products. Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinate installation and provide backup recovery.
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May be assigned responsibility for less experienced staff. Career level with a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts. Working under only general direction, provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Function as an infrastructure engineer for the build and support of the ELK environment. This involves designing system solutions, implementing new features, resolving complex incidents and problems, responding to infrastructure monitoring and alerts, and consultation with application support and development staff.
- Bachelor's (or equivalent) with 8+ yrs of experience, or a Master's with 6+ yrs of experience.
- Requires active TS/SCI clearance.
- Requires current Information Assurance IT-II Certification (CASP+ CE, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or associate), GCED, GCIH) and current Computing Environment certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Experience in a 24x7 environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.