Support FAA Systems Operations Security with technical advice on automation systems. Support legacy systems as needed with new development and systems administrator activities, and develop targeted work products to solve one-off problems. Support will also include the creation of GIS mapping, scripting, and analysis products. Write requirements and track development process, perform user acceptance testing, and other duties as assigned.
Develop automation scripts/applications as needed to fulfill customer mission requirements. Develop geospatial work products including shapefiles, map tiles, surveys, and published map services using Survey 123 and other ESRI products. Review technical documentation and standards to provide impact assessments to operational systems. Conduct data analysis in support of various automation programs. Create issue tickets as necessary, manage issue resolution, and test and validate customer automation programs. Provide database and software development support for legacy applications. Provide product demonstrations and training upon request. Provide technical documentation for automation update processes and procedures. Other related duties as assigned.
Typically requires a BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience or if no degree, additional related work experience can be substituted. Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust. To be eligible candidates must be a US Citizen or be a Green Card Holder and have resided in the US for the past 3 years.
- Intermediate Python experience for scripting and back-end support.
- Intermediate Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) experience with the ability to build and generate shapefiles.
- Experience with ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Portal.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance and implementation of Testing practices
- Skill in communicating at the senior leadership level within the FAA and its Federal partners.
- Experience within the aviation sector, preferably with the FAA.
- Should have Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) experience and an understanding of Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills ability to handle multiple tasking and deadlines
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.