Leidos is looking for a Systems Engineer for a position in the Chantilly, VA area. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
The Systems Engineer will work alongside the architecture, design, and implementation teams to develop and execute architectural strategies to meet objectives. The SE will identify and document missing capabilities/feature gaps in the systems’ existing capabilities and propose solutions to fill them. The SE will serve as a technical leader for improvements to existing solutions, processes, and new solutions and will guide system implementation and improvements for new solutions, as required. Some local travel will be required on an as-needed basis within the local area.
- Requires a BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience in computer engineering, computer science, or Information Technology.
- Demonstrated experience with a wide range of open source projects, components, and tools.
- Demonstrated experience architecting and securing systems in a cloud environment, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Demonstrated experience architecting, implementing, and working within high security environments.
- Demonstrated experience leading end-to-end system build efforts.
- Demonstrated experience working with other engineers to implement changes to systems.
- Demonstrated engineering and administering Cisco networks (particularly ACI and Nexus).
- Demonstrated experience with F5 BigIP appliances.
- Demonstrated experience engineering and administering virtualization environments such as VMware and HyperFlex.
- Demonstrated experience administering medium to large Windows networks using services such as Active Directory, Group Policy, and SCCM.
- Demonstrated experience administering medium to large Linux networks using services such as CentOS, Centrify, and yum.
- Demonstrated experience with automation tools and configuration management frameworks such as Python, PowerShell, Ansible, and Microsoft DSC.
- Demonstrated experience engineering and administering monitoring tools such as Splunk and Check_MK.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.