The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Senior Business Analyst/Systems Engineer to support a program for the FDA in Rockville, MD.
The is one of six product-oriented centers, in addition to a nationwide field force, that carry out the mission of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The Center provides services to consumers, domestic and foreign industry and other outside groups regarding field programs; agency administrative tasks; scientific analysis and support; and policy, planning and handling of critical issues related to food and cosmetics. The FDA ENSPECT program supports the development and Operations & Maintenance of systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to analyze and implement advances in technologies that will improve efficiency and performance leading to greater user satisfaction and reducing the cost of operations and maintenance (O&M). Effort is underway to develop state of the art applications that can be used on various platforms and to retire some of the legacy systems with modern and efficient applications. The position requires travel to customer locations in Rockville MD with possible occasional travel to a location in Baltimore, MD for onsite team meetings. Travel costs are not reimbursable for program travel.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Lead Business Analyst/Systems Engineer position include but not limited to the following:
- Provide overall leadership to the FDA ENSPECT Systems Engineer/Business Analyst and Development team
- Actively engage/lead in process improvement initiatives
- Lead FDA business owner in understanding the business needs and communicating to a wide range of stakeholders
- Lead analysis, development and presentation of requirements based on FDA business and project needs
- Collaborate with developers, DBAs and testers and drive software development team in ensuring requirements are implemented correctly and meet customers’ expectations
- Ability to identify, evaluate and demonstrate solutions to complex system problems
- Actively participate/lead in the discovery/validation/verification process throughout the development life cycle
- Prepare briefings and demonstrations of capability and host and lead collaboration activities to get inputs from FDA stakeholders on new requirements.
- Develop artifacts for customer deliverables supporting requirements including mock up diagrams, requirements mapping, and supporting EPLC documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 10 years or more of professional experience; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. Considered an expert, authority in discipline.
- Proven experience working in complex projects gathering user requirements and converting them into user story and acceptance criteria requirements
- Proven experience with workflow analysis and process modeling
- Demonstrated understanding of full software development life cycle and FDA’s EPLC process
- Hands on experience with requirements management tool
- Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions
- Excellent technical writing, verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
- Managing internal/external scrum calls
- Being able to multi-task the various requests/projects
- Stakeholder management – Understanding the various stakeholders needs
- Documentation and Writing Skills – Extensive agile skills and the ability to use JIRA (i.e. guiding the stakeholders to be sprint-based instead of focusing on functionalities)
- Ability to perform some Project Management tasks – Creating baselines, communicating and resolving project issues, and getting the resources working on project activities
- Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions
- Demonstrated solid understanding of engineering fields and disciplines
- Demonstrated understanding of gathering and documenting legacy requirements and leading a transition to a new architecture with no loss of data, performance, or customer confidence
- Provide estimates for workload based on high level requirements in story points and/or labor hours
- Provide team leadership and coaching/mentoring to junior team members on the eNSpect Business analyst team
- Drive process improvements across the product team based on architecture recommendations and process initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communications with team members, customers, and senior executives to instill confidence in recommendations
Clearance: US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
- Experience with JIRA, HP ALM, PowerPoint, VISIO, SQL Developer
- FDA domain knowledge
- Familiar with Safe Agile development methodology
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.