Leidos currently has an opening for a Mobility Security Specialist to support DISA on the GSM-O program in Columbus, OH.
This position provides cybersecurity monitoring services for Department of Defense mobility devices and networks. This includes performing real-time cyber threat intelligence analysis, correlating actionable security events, performing network traffic analysis using raw packet data, and participating in the coordination of resources during the incident response process. Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, with basic 8hr/day work requirements between 0600 to 1800 (flexible) with the ability to work other shifts as needed. Participation in 24x7 on-call rotation.
• Leverage experience with mobile applications, MDM, mobile VPN technologies, and unified communication (UC) systems in a local server and cloud based infrastructure.
• Knowledge of best practices in supporting mobility, and other communications systems and the ability to communicate them to diverse, sometimes non-technical audiences.
• Research various domains of cyber to include various trends, vulnerabilities, or current flaws in software, hardware, or other technology related areas to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) and integrate those into sensors and SIEMs.
• Perform cyber threat intelligence analysis, correlate actionable security events/campaigns from various sources, and conduct network traffic analysis using raw packet data, net flow, IDS, IPS, and custom sensor output to identify compromises on customer networks/endpoints.
• Review massive log files, pivot between data sets, and correlate evidence for incident investigations
• Manipulate and utilize various data sources using scripts or other products to create automation-centric solutions for recurring cyber activities.
• Document workflows and identify process improvements in the handling and remediation of cybersecurity events. Work with other analysts to support the design, testing, and implementation of custom solutions to reduce false positives.
• Triage alerts to identify malicious actors on customer networks
• Report incidents to customers and USCYBERCOM
• Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience; additional work experience or Cyber courses/certifications may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Cyber Security Analysts understand the cyberspace environment, key vulnerabilities, payloads, exploitation methods, and the functions of malicious software such as malware.
• Demonstrated understanding of Mobile technologies, TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
• Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
• DoD 8570 IAT level II or higher certification such as CompTIA Security+ CE, ISC2 SSCP, SANS GSEC prior to starting.
• DoD 8570 CSSP-A level Certification such as CEH, CySA+, GCIA or other certification is required within 180 days of hire.
• Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain and an ability to think and work independently.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Willing to perform shift work.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance and be able to possess a Top-Secret w/ SCI clearance.
• CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
• Experience with mobile end-point security, mobile vulnerability management, and mobile threat defense software solutions such as Lookout Mobile Endpoint Security, zIPS, z3A, and MAPS.
• Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
• Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
• Demonstrated hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, Full Packet Capture), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
• In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. ArcSight, Splunk, Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, QRadar, LogLogic).
• Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS/HBSS, IDS/IPS, Full Packet Capture, Network Forensics.
• Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
• Unix/Linux command line experience.
• Scripting and programming experience.
• Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
• Existing 8570 CSSP Analyst Certifications (CEH), CySA+ etc.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.