Leidos Government Health and Safety Solutions is seeking an experienced Sr. Program Manager, contingent upon contract award, to lead a large opportunity supporting advanced scientific research computing projects.
The candidate should have experience successfully managing large complex $100M+ FFP and T&M IT and computational science programs comprised of cross functional service delivery teams experienced in regulatory science, bioinformatics, advanced analytics, artificial intelligence/ machine learning, modeling and simulation, data management and high performance computing.
The Sr. Program Manager is responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance and will serve as the single customer point-of-contact within the program office for management and technical matters and contract-level issues. He/she will provide the planning, direction, coordination, and control necessary to successfully delivery program goals and objectives within the scope, time and budget constraints. He/ she will interface with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Provide leadership, management and interpersonal communication skills necessary to successfully inspire, lead, direct and manage a large-scale program team.
- Direct project planning, systems engineering development and implementation according to cost, schedule, and scope requirements.
- Ensure a streamlined operation in alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
- Participate in project initiation activities, including plan and budget preparation.
- Expertly manage cross-functional teams responsible for delivering high-quality program capabilities on time and within budget, including Subcontractors
- Integrate the Contractor’s management and technical activities across the entire contractor staff to ensure they are consistent
- Ensure that all work on this contract complies with the contract terms and conditions and is approved/coordinated with senior corporate managers
- Act as the primary interface with the COR
- Drive the development and implementation of innovation roadmap and strategy, with projected cost savings
- Drive continuous service improvement and innovation.
- Plan/lead program reviews and briefings, both internal and with the customer.
- Oversee performance to specified contract SLAs and direct changes to meet the SLAs as needed
- Proactively identify, analyze and mitigate risks and capture opportunities while driving change
- Coordinate with contracts, finance, human resources, and procurement management functions.
- Create plans and processes required to meet all performance, schedule, quality, cost, and security requirements.
- Manage and integrate the efforts of subcontractors, assuring flow-down and fulfillment of all contractual requirements in alignment with defined priorities.
- Connect with related contracts to delivery effectively for the customer.
- Remain conversant with the industry’s advance research and high performance computing technology and practices.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Lead staffing actions, including recruitment, supervision, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science (Biology, Chemistry or Physics), Information Technology, Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university and 12+ years of direct related work experience or a Master’s Degree and 10+ years of direct related work experience.
- 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Experience leading large T&M and FFP Enterprise IT or bioinformatics programs of $20M annually
- Experience in managing large scale enterprise operations including high performance computing, cloud migration, cyber security, data center, and networks operations
- Ability to collaborate with senior level customers and technical staff in forming strategies to improve performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
- Experience leading and supervising a multi-disciplinary staff (100 persons or more) of various labor categories and skills and a large group of subcontractors working on-site and remotely to deliver IT, high performance computing, scientific computing, advanced analytics, modeling and simulation, bioinformatics and other computational science services
- Experience working in a fast paced, agile environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to influence others outside of own area on policies, practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in presenting material to senior Government officials and communicating and coordinating with other Government contractors and stakeholders
- PMP required
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience managing program using scientific technologies within a regulated environment such as FDA, HHS, NIH or CDC.
- Working knowledge of federal information security and compliance requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.