Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world? Then Leidos is the place for you!
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to CBP networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to CBP information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations.
The CBP SOC is responsible for the overall security of CBP Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.
Leidos has an immediate need for a Cyber Threat Detection Engineer Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our CBP Team. The Cyber Threat Detection Engineer will:
- Identify gaps in malicious activity detection capabilities
- Create new signatures / rules to improve detection of malicious activity
- Test and tune existing signatures / rules to ensure low rate of false positives
- Assist in playbook development for alert triage and Incident Response
- Define and implement alert and threat detection metrics, statistics, and analytics
- Recommend new tools/technologies to improve network visibility
- Support Incident Response and Forensic operations as required to include static/dynamic malware analysis and reverse engineering
- Author and maintain scripts for threat detection and automation
The Cyber Threat Detection Engineer SME shall have the following qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of Firewalls/Proxies/Intrusion Detection Systems/ Domain Name Servers/DHCP/VPN and other network technologies and tools
- Experience updating, maintaining, and creating IDS variables within a complex enterprise network
- Expert in creating, modifying, tuning IDS signatures/SIEM Correlation Searches/yara rules and/or other detection signatures
- Familiarity with disk based forensic methodologies, Windows, and Linux forensic artifacts
- Experience with Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tools such as Carbon Black, Tanium, Crowdstrike, etc
- Able to create, modify, update, and maintain Python and Powershell scripts that enhance endpoint detection capabilities
- In-depth knowledge of attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Author, test, and maintain automation scripts within SOAR platform
The candidate must currently possess a Secret Clearance. In addition to clearance requirement, all CBP personnel must have a current or be able to favorably pass a 5 year background investigation (BI).
BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 8 years of prior relevant experience with a focus on cyber security or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Should have 5 years of experience serving as a digital media analyst or as a computer forensic analyst.
Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
Must have one of the following certifications:
SANS Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
SANS Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
SANS Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Certified Network Forensic Analyst (GNFA)
Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.