Leidos is providing IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Army Military Intelligence Enterprise IT Systems. The VTC Desktop Support Technician will troubleshoot hardware, software, video conferencing systems, and office automation devices in support of the Service.
- VTC Management: Be responsible for scheduling, verifying and monitoring all JWICS VTCs, de-conflicting teleconference schedules, and conducting installation and testing on Cisco VTC systems.
- Ensure stability of JWICS teleconferencing & video conferencing equipment, networks, and other presentation equipment
- Provide accurate scheduling for all AMC G2 conference rooms
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with Windows Operating Systems, desktops, laptops, printers, digital senders, video teleconferences, VOIPs, and other standard office equipment. For issues requiring administrative rights, the contractor may need to coordinate with entities outside of AMC G2 personnel, e.g., INSCOM and DIA
- Network Configuration: Ensure system connectivity from AMC G2 sites to the JWICS network including, but not limited to, verification that ports are active and tracing of fiber from switch panel to the customer’s desk floor box
- Configuration Management: Establish and maintain consistency of all JWICS equipment performance and functional and physical attributes related to requirements, design and operational information.
- Responsible for the design and reorganization of user’s office space to meet their technology needs such as set up of IT systems to ensure appropriate separation and placement of cables and equipment. In many cases this support will require the contractor to coordination with entities outside of AMC G2 personnel, e.g., G4 and G6
- High School Diploma / GED with 10 years or Associates degree with 8 years or Bachelor's degree with 6 years or Master’s degree with 4 years of related experience.
- Able to travel to, and provide System Administrator support for, one remote site during COOP exercises and operations. Available to travel to one or more RS bi-annually to ensure proper maintenance and functionality of supported systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and customer focus; able to effectively interact with a diverse customer base and various IT experts on a daily basis
- Currently possess DoD 8750 IA certification at IAT II: Security+ ce
- Currently possess DoD 8750 Computer Environment (CE) Certification or certification of training relevant to the position: CompTIA Server+ or Linux+, MCAS, CCNA, or other related IAT II certifications and/or experience
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- 20% Travel Required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.