Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) Operational Engineering Lead. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL, and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network services to the Department of Defense and national security organizations.
Details of the Role:
The primary role of the JRSS OE Manager is to ensure the performance, availability, and security of the JRSS network architecture. They will provide leadership and oversight to the team responsible for escalated incident handling, operational engineering, and change management. We are seeking individuals with excellent communication, critical thinking, and collaboration skills to function in a high-paced, dynamic environment. A successful candidate should demonstrate solid business acumen and a proven ability to meet operational and fiscal deadlines. The candidate selected for this position will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Manage team responsible for Tier II Engineering incident escalations and change management of the JRSS network architecture. Will provide daily team oversight along with holding regularly scheduled team and individual meetings. Will provide mentoring, counseling, recognition, and career guidance to team members.
- Identify opportunities for additional automation, process improvements and team growth.
- Act as JRSS Subject Matter Expert. Provide high-level briefs to Government and Leidos Leadership.
- Oversee and schedule maintenance actions to ensure compliance with hardware/software baselines and security technical implementation guides (STIGs).
- Apply knowledge of routing, switching, firewall, and load balancer issues to prioritize incident management and provide high-level analyses for real-world network events.
- Determine and clearly communicate possible event effects on the JRSS network to a high level audience.
- Identify key performance indicators and contribute to the development of service level agreements to ensure service and performance goals are continually met.
- Train team members on JRSS infrastructure, provide guidance on proper troubleshooting and change management procedures.
- Identify, capture and provide daily, weekly and monthly metrics to Government and Leidos leadership.
- Perform subordinate employee recruitment, selection, training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
- Some travel may be required (5%).
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline and 5+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE.
- Strong supervisory and communication skills, with the ability to provide oversight to a diverse team in multiple locations.
- Skilled in Project Management with ability to multi-task and meet long and short term deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team focused environment while maintaining excellent attention to detail and providing outstanding customer service.
- Experience preferred with one or more: network design; network management; traffic engineering; WAN maintenance; IP routing; or experience in one or more of the following devices/vendors: CISCO; Juniper; F5; Palo Alto; Trend Micro.
- Strong written and verbal communications, team building and collaboration skills.
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- ITIL certification
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.