The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an Information Assurance Engineer to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
This position is for an Information Assurance Engineer working with a team of Information Security professionals supporting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). This position supports regular security audit activities and Security Control Assessments (SCAs), develops remediation Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) for security findings and tracks them to completion, supports to Authorization to Operate efforts, and interfaces directly with the customer and auditors (both internal and external) to ensure all audit activities are managed and reported.
The employee will coordinate meetings, open and track service requests, prepare and present dashboards and other reports, assist with ticket and vulnerability tracking, and may participate in on-call and/or Change Review Board rotations.
The position requires an individual with a record of success as a team member and motivator. Candidate must be a self-starter, a disciplined worker and have a professional reputation for integrity. Ability to adhere to the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct are an absolute must.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Windsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland (currently remote due to COVID-19 restrictions) with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
BS degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- An understanding of compliance, Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) regulations, National Institute of Standards or Technology (NIST) requirements
- Experience with Security Control Assessments, and the development remediation Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) for security findings and tracking them to completion
- Must have the ability to work independently on multiple tasks
- Strong verbal/written communication, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- CISA, CAP, QSA, or other Auditor\Assessor related certifications
- Strong knowledge NIST SP-800 series, FISMA, HIPAA, as well as automated Security Controls tracking systems.
- Ability to coordinate audit guidelines and instructions in support of accreditation of FISMA HIGH environments.
- Familiarity with Certification and Accreditation processes used during Authority to Operate initiatives.
- Knowledge of infrastructure and server operations; application infrastructure and standards; networking fundamentals; Virtualization Technologies, and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN/Proxy network technologies
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.