Leidos is currently seeking Senior Technical Accountant to join a dynamic, multi-national Company with a key role on the Corporate Controller Team in Reston – VA.
We are seeking a high-energy Senior Accountant who thrives in a collaborative environment to join our technical accounting team. The Senior Technical Accountant will be an integral team member in the determination of complex accounting treatments for highly technical matters, including: revenue recognition, accounting for leases, asset impairment (goodwill and intangible assets), business combinations, debt, derivatives and other complex technical accounting issues. This is a highly visible position providing exposure to executive leadership and opportunities for advancement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Determining accounting treatment for significant transactions
- Providing ad hoc analysis of and guidance on accounting issues
- Supporting mergers and acquisitions activity
- Reviewing various tangible and intangible assets for impairment
- Developing, administering and advising on Company accounting policies
- Interpreting, researching, and integrating SEC and FASB pronouncements
- Training to enhance the technical accounting capabilities of the Company
- Preparation and review of complex valuation models
- Supporting the quarterly and annual financial statement disclosure processes
- Maintaining strong SOX environment
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited university and minimum 4 years of prior Accounting related experience, which should include experience in technical accounting.
- CPA required
- Public accounting experience required
- Self-driven with proven ability to work independently
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate an accounting position and interact persuasively at all levels of the organization
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Advanced excel skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.