The Government Health and Safety Operation has an opening for an Enterprise Operation Center Manager to support a large healthcare program in Baltimore.
Under the direction of the Operations and Deputy Operations Lead, the EOC manages all Tier 1 operations to include:
- Team manager for the Enterprise Operations Center (EOC)
- Daily oversight and administration of Tier 1 and Tier 2 staff and processes including the triage, monitoring of tickets for completeness and timeliness of completion in accordance with support level agreements
- Assist with Regional deployment planning, rollout and support.
- Along with staff, become familiar with the setup and operation of virtual networks
Oversight of the configuration and monitoring including ticketing, reports, alerts and notification of service level agreements (SLA)
- Oversight of EOC to provide Tier 1 telephone and email support to clients as the initial resource to resolve network and infrastructure related questions and problems
- Ensure performance with respect to scheduled changes, including the monitoring and reporting of start/stop times and coordinating detailed task activities
- Perform regular and periodic reviews of Standard Operating Procedures to ensure they are current and designed for optimum efficiency
- Manage on-call and staffing requirements for 24/7/365 support
- Manage all Infrastructure Crisis events including the coordination of resources, leading the issue resolution effort, and communicating status to all stakeholders.
- Manage enterprise operations team's activities to ensure customer platforms are kept serviceable, available and supportable 24/7/365, ensuring maintenance tasks are coordinated, communicated, scheduled and resourced accordingly.
- Responsible for monitoring performance levels and trends throughout the infrastructure to determine quality of service.
- Manage Root Cause Analysis (RCA) efforts and follow-thru action item tracking
- Provide preventive measures for proactive monitoring and recommending redundancy or self-healing capabilities to limit outages that impact service delivery.
- Provide security operations services, providing a full spectrum of integrated services for monitoring network and security activity throughout the customer environment.
- Assist with keeping security software and appliances up-to-date with versions and patches within the timeframes directed by the customer.
- Provide proactive and scheduled console monitoring of infrastructure and systems in read-only in near real time (e.g., hardware, network, batch schedule, interfaces, and table spaces), respond to messages, and take corrective action as required.
- Assist with the following proactive and reactive actions during security events.
- Manage team assignments and tasking to ensure complete coverage of all assigned tasks.
- Ensure operational environment remains operational.
- Ensure tasks are completed as planned.
- Complete service and change requests on schedule.
- Manage and optimize costs with close focus on under runs and over runs.
- You will be responsible for financial management of your team, which includes hardware, software, and staffing.
- Manage all your assets, refresh them on appropriate schedules, and ensure they are tracked properly in the CMDB.
- Manage all personnel needs and interact with HR when required.
- Perform annual personnel write-ups and reviews.
- Ensure personnel performance.
- Review and approve weekly personnel approvals.
- Ensure that any technical proposal needs are supported.
- Natural leader, likes to set standards and process direction.
- Experience planning, coordinating and executing an Enterprise Operations Center 24/7 technical support.
- Incident management, ticket management, problem management, and escalation experience.
- Working with suppliers, contractors, partners and 3rd party delivery teams to define service / support strategy along with operational tasks.
- Experience defining service levels, key performance indicator definitions and techniques for measuring operations and management of customer facing systems and associated platforms required to collect, measure and monitor performance and availability
- Strong trouble-shooting and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; ability to participate in resource planning processes
- Three (3) years’ experience in implementing and maintaining complex network and infrastructure systems, including application hosting of mission critical applications in a large data center environment.
- Three (3) years’ experience with ServiceNow.
- Five (5) years’ experience in a Management/Leadership role.
- Ability to complete the responsibilities outlined above.
- Master level capability with Microsoft Project with the ability to build a range of project, program, and integrated master schedules.
- Ability to resource load schedules and properly estimate relationships and durations.
- Good – Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Expertise in understanding and mitigating risks to business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and team player.
- Experience with ExtraHop, SevOne, NewRelic and Splunk monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with ISO 27001 focused on data privacy and network security.
- Experience with Solaris v10/11; IBM z/OS, z/VM and Websphere; and RedHat Linux platforms is a plus.
- Broad understanding of developing and building IT technologies in network and cloud services.
- Information technology based concepts, hardware, and software knowledge.
- Program schedule, cost, scope, and performance knowledge.
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- 6+ years of experience in IT systems operations.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.