Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a NAVAIDS FSR
You will be doing field installation of NAVAIDS Equipment at United States Air Force sites including Jordan. The job would include ILS, ATUs, TACANs, VORs, DMEs and Air Traffic Control Radios. Requires extended travel (10 to 12 weeks at a time) throughout the world and the Middle East. Responsible for performing customer support activities involving the installation, modification and repair of complex equipment and systems. Conducts onsite installation and testing of equipment to ensure proper working order. Isolates equipment start-up malfunctions and takes corrective action. Trains customer personnel in equipment operation and maintenance responsibilities. Represents the company in a customer support role and is responsible for customer's satisfaction with equipment and servicing. Works on problems of significant scope. Interacts daily with supervisors and/or functional peer groups and interacts with onsite customers. Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information. Leads site installation teams of 1 to 3 personnel.
• Coordinates the planning, configuration and delivery of NAVAIDs equipment and installation materials.
• Manages operational requirements. Advises customer of all equipment changes and authorized modifications.
• Coordinates Civil Works and installation service agreements.
• Conducts local visits to customer sites (airports) to help determine requirements, needs, and perceptions (site surveys).
• Works with subcontractor(s) via phone and person to coordinate NAVAIDs shelter builds and system configurations.
• Coordinates consumable and equipment shipments to installation sites.
• Works with customer via phone or person to identify operations/technical problems. Responds to customer complaints and questions until resolved.
• Performs factory and site system acceptance testing.
• Provides flight commissioning support services.
• Acquaints customer personnel with the full capabilities of the equipment and/or systems (familiarization training).
BS Degree and 4+ years related experience. Four years of related experience can be substituted for BS degree. Military background a positive.
Typically possesses more than five (5) years’ experience in field service environment with at least two (2) of which have been with a directly applicable industry and specific highly skilled knowledge of Navigational Aids.
Test Equipment i.e. DMM, Oscilloscope, Network Analyzer, Electrical Tools, Hand tools, and thorough understanding of installation drawings and schematics.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.