Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world? Then Leidos is the place for you!
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to CBP networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to CBP information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations.
The CBP SOC is responsible for the overall security of CBP Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.
Leidos has an immediate need for a Cyber Threat Hunter to join our CBP Team. The ideal Cyber Threat Hunter is someone who is process driven, curious, and enjoys identifying patterns and anomalies in data that are not immediately obvious. The Cyber Threat Hunter will:
- Create Threat Models to better understand the CBP IT Enterprise, identify defensive gaps, and prioritize mitigations
- Author, update, and maintain SOPs, playbooks, work instructions
- Utilize Threat Intelligence and Threat Models to create threat hypotheses
- Plan and scope Threat Hunt Missions to verify threat hypotheses
- Proactively and iteratively search through systems and networks to detect advanced threats
- Analyze host, network, and application logs in addition to malware and code
- Prepare and report risk analysis and threat findings to appropriate stakeholders
- Create, recommend, and assist with development of new security content as the result of hunt missions to include signatures, alerts, workflows, and automation
- Coordinate with different teams to improve threat detection, response, and improve overall security posture of the Enterprise
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Expertise in network and host based analysis and investigation
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing threat hunt missions
- Understanding of complex Enterprise networks to include routing, switching, firewalls, proxies, load balancers
- Working knowledge of common (HTTP, DNS, SMB, etc) networking protocols
- Familiar with operation of both Windows and Linux based systems
- Proficient with scripting languages such as Python or PowerShell
- Familiarity with Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL) and/or Elastic Domain Specific Language (DSL)
The candidate must currently possess a Secret Clearance. In addition to clearance requirement, all CBP personnel must have a current or be able to favorably pass a 5 year background investigation (BI).
BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 4 years of prior relevant experience with a focus on CyberSecurity or Masters with 3 years of prior relevant experience.
Should have 4 years of experience serving as a SOC Analyst or Incident Responder
Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
Must have one of the following certifications:
SANS GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
SANS GCFA (GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst)
SANS GCIA (GIAC Certified Intrustion Analyst)
SANS GNFA (GIAC Network Forensic Analyst)
SANS GWAPT (GIAC Web Application Pentester)
SANS GPEN (GIAC Penetration Tester)
Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.