Leidos is looking for a Component Engineer with practical knowledge of job area. This role will work under moderate supervision to set objectives for own job area. Works to achieve operational targets with some impact on departmental results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects or assignments.
- Set objectives for own job area to meet the goals of projects and assignments.
- Provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support level employees.
- Communicates with contacts within and outside of own team which may include customers or vendors.
- Explain and interpret operational processes, practices and procedures of the job area to others within the organization.
- Make basic adjustments to systems and processes to solve problems.
- Identify, define and address general problems that are typically within the immediate job area. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experiences or standard procedures and basic analysis.
- Find replacements for end of life components, testing new in components in systems.
- Creating engineering change orders (update part specification sheets and bill of materials as needed).
- Ensure that components selected meet availability, performance, quality.
- Ensure components selected meet the requirements for functionality, reliability, regulatory compliance, and industry standards compliance
- Select components that attach to Printed Circuit Boards
- Write and update Specification Sheets
- Work with design engineers on the resolution of component related issues
- Evaluate component specifications to determine suitable alternate sources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or relative field and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.