Leidos, Inc. has an immediate job opening in Alexandria, Virginia for a Defense United States Marine Corp (USMC) Data Analyst to contribute to a program supporting the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (CAPE) Joint Data Support (JDS).
- The Defense Data Analyst will participate in developing data about forces, units and associated equipment; use experience, subject matter expertise to assist with strategic and operational planning; and research various military topics of interest to the United States.
- The analyst will participate in developing data about the US Services, especially the USMC. Candidate will work with joint programs and seek to understand service requirements, track and mind historical data sets and make projections about the future.
- Analyst will utilize his or her detailed understanding of the data to perform analysis and respond to senior leadership inquiries and be capable of briefing the material. Analyst will independently navigate complex problems, must have a willingness to learn new techniques and accomplish tasks through self-study. Candidate will develop executive summaries, coordinate materials, evaluate, post and disseminate products.
- The Data Analyst will be reviewing, recognizing, gathering appropriate data, and transforming that data to meet the customer’s requirements. Candidate must be able to perform queries, manipulate spreadsheets, calculate information and perform data acquisition. The analyst will be required to independently navigate tools in order to detect and trace data trends and transform the information into defined products.
- Nominee will utilize his or her detailed understanding of the data to perform analysis and respond to senior-leadership inquiries. The analyst must be capable of briefing the data product directly to senior leadership. In addition, candidate must be able interact with other teams and directly consult with the government customer.
- Requires an active DoD Top Secret Clearance (or higher) and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Research, Mathematics, Science, Technology or other related discipline and 8 years of related experience (additional experience may be substituted for degree)
- Strong experience and understanding of: U.S. Force Structure and Strategic and Operational Planning is required
- Competence in data manipulation and metadata development
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- USMC Military experience
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a team environment and demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Planning and organizational skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.