Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers.
The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
- Installs and commissions conveyor systems and electrical connections on industrial handling equipment.
- Installs, repairs and modifies equipment in the field; provides customer training as directed.
- Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support on products such as equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, and software at customer and/or factory locations.
- May be called upon to work on equipment that has little or no documentation or training.
- Meets weekly project installation goals within required deadlines.
- Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits paperwork in a timely basis.
- Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated.
- Assesses product/equipment performance based on experience and support data; recommends modifications or improvements to equipment, documentation and operating processes.
- Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
- Maintains clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written
- Travel, overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problem in minimum time.
- Installs, upgrades and removes products ensuring coordinative engineering field change.
- Maintains effective customer communications and relations.
- Willing to work on challenging international projects for short durations.
- Work well with peers from various backgrounds to build effective work relationships.
- Current U.S. Citizen with valid U.S. Passport in hand by hire date.
- AS degree or graduate of technical school in electronics field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience in field or installation service environments
- Must pass criminal background check, drug test and extensive credit check
- Physically able to get in narrow spaces, climb ladders / stairs, and carry 50+ lbs. without assistance.
- Must have correctable 20/20 vision (glasses or contacts) without colorblindness.
- Must have a valid U.S. Driver’s License with Real ID.
- Candidates may be located anywhere in the US as weekly travel is required.
- Computer literacy; competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs
- Working knowledge of x-ray and/or CT technologies
- PLC experience is a plus
- Previous field electrical assembly experience
- Software integration with electric/mechanical equipment.
- Previous hands on project management is a plus
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 100% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.