The Course Lead Instructor assists the Leidos Course Management Team with planning, coordinating, implementing, managing, and delivering training programs in accordance with the Performance Work Statement (PWS) requirements. The Course Lead Instructor will deliver disaster preparedness and response training to professional audiences through lecture, facilitation, and hands-on exercises in resident and non-resident training locations. Instruction focuses on catastrophic events that result in mass casualty incidents and preparedness and response planning.
The Course Lead Instructor is expected to maintain a knowledge base as a subject matter expert in the assigned course content. The Course Lead Instructor is also expected to actively seek and participate in cross-training opportunities as well as present current incidents in evening lecture(s) to maximize instructor resources and the overall training experience for student responders. The Lead Instructors are expected to travel in support of position requirements and perform other training duties as assigned.
The Course Lead Instructor may be required to deploy in support the CDP Expeditionary Training mission. When deployed, the Course Lead Instructors will serve as the on-site Leidos Manager for training delivery and coordinate contractual delivery requirements with the on-site Senior FEMA representative, as required.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for course development and delivery
- Perform Lead Instructor duties and ensure accomplishment of all training objective for assigned courses.
- Meet and maintain basic CDP instructor certification requirements
- Assist with scheduling of instructors for all programs offered at or by the CDP.
- Disseminate information to instructors regarding curriculum changes, upgrades, and venue enhancements that are designed to raise knowledge and skill levels.
- Coordinate training schedules with Course Management and scheduling personnel.
- Evaluate and coordinate in-service training and assist designated instructors.
- Maintain and manage files and documents related to requirements of the PWS.
- Assists with the review of curriculum to ensure consistency with National Standards and acceptable guidelines.
- Monitor daily attendance of instructors and students attending training classes.
- Ensure that instructors identified with specific deficiencies receive additional training addressing identified deficiencies.
- Assure that necessary documentation / training of new instructors is attained prior to assignment.
- Receive training to increase knowledge and skills as a training coordinator and subject matter expert (SME) instructor.
- Assist with new instructor recruitment programs and orientation programs. Develop, maintain, and enforce safety requirements
- Monitor, evaluate, and recommend corrections for dangerous conditions that are observed or occur in the classroom and training sites.
- Deliver disaster preparedness and response training to professional audiences through lecture and hands-on exercises
- Serve as Leidos on-site training delivery manager during expeditionary training deliveries.
- Evaluate and manager the course qualifications for instructional cadre
- Minimum ten years of experience in healthcare, hazardous materials response, law enforcement or disaster management
- Leadership experience with supervisory responsibilities
- Working knowledge of CBRNE and natural hazards that can result in a catastrophic event and/or mass casualty incident
- Working knowledge of federal response plans, NIMS, ICS, and HICS.
- Completion of a recognized instructor training program (minimum 32 hour course)
- Minimum of three years current experience as a certified instructor/teacher/professor
- Must have completed ICS 100/200/700/800
- Clear and concise communications skills, both oral and written, with effective supervisory ability
- Ability to foster cooperative working relationships among team members and others and maintain networking liaisons with those inside and outside of the division, company, and organization
- Knowledge of and/or ability to acquire within one year of hire and maintain knowledge of the following computer applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Principles and practices of accurate technical report writing such as proper English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Knowledge of and/or ability to acquire and maintain knowledge of division, company, and Federal Rules and Regulations, Standard Operating Procedures/Guidelines, training manuals and other related materials relevant to the duties of the position
- Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
- Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
- Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Master’s degree in related response field
- Professional certification or license in a response field
- Previous experience managing adult-level training delivery program
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.