The Procurement & Enterprise Partnerships organization is a Logistics Management Analysis Manager.
The Logistics Management Analysis Manager has responsibility for implementing strategy and managing the day-to-day logistics operations of a 25,000 square foot warehouse, supporting staff and all aspects of good receipts, Materials Management and Accounting Systems (MMAS) audits and other related functions of the position. Assists in developing and enhancing command media relevant to the Logistics function. This leader also takes responsibility for individual and team employee development, sets employee objectives and monitors the status to achieving those objectives at staff levels.
Please note: Work location for this position will be Gaithersburg, MD.
Other specific responsibilities include:
- Drive industry best practices and provides leadership to implement continuous improvement within the global supply base.
- Support all MMAS audits and other audits as necessary that relate to receiving processes.
- Support proposal activity by obtaining logistics quotations
- Direct interaction with program personnel to schedule shipments to include obtaining transportation quotes, ensuring delivery schedules are met
- Involvement in stakeholder engagement to include Groups, Division, Programs, and Functions.
- Manages a small team of logistics professionals
- Direct supervision of picking, packing and forklift operations
- Collaboration with teams for inbound and outbound transportation projects requiring coordination with various service providers.
- Responsibility for managing the operation to the established budget.
- Full knowledge and adherence to all safety and HAZMAT regulations
- Ability to quickly learn the toolsets and policies/procedures and work to identify improvements and efficiencies
- Ensure timely input of Goods Receipts and timely payment to freight
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- MMAS audit experience
- Understanding of DOT and OHSA standards
- Strong IT skills to learn various specific shipping software systems
- Success implementing business process improvements
- Good interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly and effectively interact with a diverse group of individuals
Strong negotiation and influence skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.